Ever find yourself asking When should my next haircut be?
Or what it should be? Or maybe when to add highlights in?
Well. Whenever that moment is. Before snagging a specific cut.
Here are some tips to think about.
- Don’t choose a haircut just because your friend has it, or the IN crowd has it.
- Choose a haircut that fits your personaility
- Choose a haircut that suits your facial features
** Just because someone else looks fantabulous with a haircut that you may like, it doesn’t mean that haircut will look the same with yoou. Why is that? Well everyone has different facial features.
** If you’re having trouble identifying the shape
of your face, stand in front of a mirror and using lipstick/washable
marker, do your hair back and trace the outline of your face on the
mirror. Step back and compare it to the shapes described above. The
lipstick/ washable marker can both be easily removed from the mirror.
- Oval: is a little bit of everything, so you can pull off anything. Go with personality and facial feature strengths to pick out your style.
- Long: bangs, layers, curls and waves are very important here since they balance off a long face with width. Try to keep an average length if possible. Too short and too long will make a long face seem longer.
- Round: Go for sleek lines and tapered ends. Anything with bulk will make a round face look fat. Pixie cuts are great as are wild tousled styles.
- Square: Soften up the sharpness of an angular jaw with curls and waves. Sleek lines also go well here but keep it below the jaw line. Avoid chin-length hair and long straight styles unless your hair is thick and has
volume to it.
- Heart shape: The pointy chin can be balanced out if the hairstyle is more concentrated on the top half of the face using fringes or bangs that end at your eyes or cheek bones. Accentuate your cheekbones.
Hope that helps!! Ooh. I will post the next hair 101 with the types of haircuts you can get & possibly provide a few examples.
Typical Cass (: